Monday, September 22, 2014

Rainy Adventures

Good Morning,

This week was full of miracles.  We were blessed with a lot of lessons and new people to teach.  Heavenly Father helped us a lot.

There was an embroidering activity at the church for relief society.  There was a great turnout.  Everyone enjoyed it.  The relief society here is very strong and close.  They really care about each other and they love the church and the gospel.
Love that the Elders did it too!

It was a rainy week.  This gave us some fun adventures.  One evening we were driving to an appointment and we had to pass on a dirt road.  On our way out we got stuck at the bottom of a huge hill because it was so muddy.  I had to get out and take off my shoes and push from the back of the car.  My skirt got all dirty.  Luckily someone came out and helped me push the car and we got out.  It was pretty fun.  Then the next day it was raining again.  We had an appointment with someone we met in the village so we had to figure out where they lived.  We called and they gave us some vague directions that involved climbing up a huge hill surrounded with trees and plants.  It was pretty much a muddy hike.  We got dirty again but it was worth it.  The lady is pretty cool.

We have a ghost creature in our apartment.  I saw it once while I was exercising in the morning and we saw it again a few days later.  It is either a really big cockroach or a rat.  It moves so fast we can't tell.   I thought I imagined it the first time.

I got to try turtle soup at George's fish hut.  It was great.  I also got homemade passion fruit juice and pig tail.  I made some of the cocoa tea for the first time and it came out pretty good.
Pig tail, provision soup and more


Jack is just about ready for baptism and he is really excited.

Miracle of the week:  Kenneth is still doing great.  He loves church and he came again this week.  We taught him about the Word of Wisdom and he accepted it immediately.  He said that God would help him keep the commandment if he tried his best to be obedient.  It was a great lesson.

Thanks for everything.  Love you all.

Love,
Sister Shirts

Birds in the trees


No comments:

Post a Comment