Monday, September 1, 2014

Because Eating Chicken Feet Isn't Strange Enough...

Good Morning,

Good news.  Sister Hodge is all better and ready to work hard.  Something we have found very successful is using Mormon Messages.  My challenge to everyone is to find your favorite Mormon message and post it on your Facebook page.  It is a great way to share the gospel and it is easy.

I love my study time as a missionary.  I have learned so much about the gospel and how to apply it in my life.  I have learned a lot about myself and about Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father and this knowledge will help me and my family throughout my life.  I am grateful for this opportunity to focus on studying the gospel.

Tyson is doing well. He has been reading from the Book of Mormon and has been praying. Kisha and her family are doing great as well. Every Sunday we have Family Home Evening at a member family's house with all the missionaries. They are awesome and are like our St. Lucia family. Kisha's family is becoming like our St. Lucia family too.

Patois is coming along well. The members love helping us learn new words and phrases. Tyson also likes to help us learn. We saw George the fisherman again. This time he gave us octopus and conch soup. It was good and chewy. He also let us help him chop turtle meat and let us try some of that too. It was delicious. It is kind of like steak and chicken mixed together. He had us try some of the green turtle fat and part of the turtle wing as well. Turtle fat isn't my favorite.
 
Chopping Turtle Meat

 


 
Eating Turtle

Turtle

Miracle of the week: Jack. Jack is Kisha's 11 year old son and he is super excited to be baptized.  Because he wants to be baptized it has helped motivate his mom and his sister to be baptized as well. His example is helping a lot of people. Another miracle out of the story is Kisha's sister in law also wants to be baptized on the same day and when her son turns 8 he wants to be baptized as well. Love that family a lot.

Love you all,

Sister Shirts


Pokemon door at someone's house


P day at Laborie Beach



Chicken on the beach.  They are everywhere.





Dead Pufferfish



Coconut

No comments:

Post a Comment