Tuesday, September 3, 2013

After the HIDA...

Went in for a HIDA scan today and found out it is definitely my gallbladder. They injected radioactive tracers and my gallbladder was supposed to show up within an hour. It didn't, so they injected me with a small dose of morphine to get it to show up. The doctor said it needs to come out and hopefully I can get the surgery this week so I can get back to work in the West Indies quickly. 

At zone conference President Mehr talked about being patient in times of trial. The people in this scripture were righteous but they still had to go through trials. The important part is their attitude. 

Mosiah 24:15 says:

"And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord."

Just a reminder of who is in charge and that if we submit cheerfully and with patience, the Lord will strengthen us in our trials. We are given experiences to make us stronger and to build us up. Even though it seems hard not to do things our way, sometimes we need to step back and see what the Lord's way is. It is the way that will work.

Sister Shirts
HIDA scan

1 comment:

  1. Sister Shirts!!! It's Sister Nellie Dayton, I don't know if you're still in Utah but I've been reading your blog now and then and I just saw that you are back home. Are you doing okay? I hope all is well and you're in my prayers. Hope you get back out to Curepe soon!

    ReplyDelete