Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Time To Leave Trinidad

Transfer Week!  I am going to St. Lucia to serve with Sister Hodge.  Both of us will be new to the area so we will be working hard.  I leave Trinidad August 6th.  Sister Herrick will be here with Sister Reddy and they will be on bikes.  We will be in a trio for a few days until I leave.  Unfortunately they had to close two sister areas because there are not enough sisters.  Now there are just elders in Sangre Grande and Port of Spain.

I hit my 14 month mark.  It was crazy how fast time flies.  Mission life is amazing and I love it a lot.

We have been focusing a lot on the youth.  We found a lot of less active youth and invited them to the CES devotional and YSA activity.  It was a hit.  They watched the devotional and then we made pancakes for them.  They put pineapple, bananas, berries, and chocolate chips in them.  They were delicious.  Sister Herrick and I helped out the Francoms.  They are a great senior couple.  The Rays were also there.  I am going to miss serving around all the senior couples.  Love them a lot.

I am going to miss Chaguanas.  I have seen it grow a lot.  I remember my first Sunday there were like thirty people there.  Now we are averaging about sixty.  The work here is progressing.  There have been miracles happening in this area.  I am ready to take the challenge of blanking an area and serving in the islands.  I am super excited.

Miracle of the Week:  Our zone had a wedding and two baptisms.  One of the baptisms was a mom and her two daughters.  The Elders are working so hard and have been blessed a lot.  It was great to support them.

Thanks for everything.  Sorry this email is short.  Things are going great as always.  Just the usual missionary work.

Love,

Sister Shirts


Brother Patrick built a new hammock using an old bench



Not everyone gets to sit on a floating bench

Chuck E Cheese's in Trinidad?



No comments:

Post a Comment