Monday, May 19, 2014

One Year

Good Afternoon,

We started our house meeting blitz and it went very well.  We are teaching a lot of families as a result.  They are a lot of fun to hold and plan for.  We have a short gospel message, an activity and a treat.  They really enjoy it.

We are teaching a wonderful less active family who has invited a good friend of theirs to hear the gospel.  He really wants to get baptized and is willing to learn about what he needs to do.  Last week we watched the Restoration movie and he felt that what we were saying is true.  He has a hard time reading so we are going to help him read from the Book of Mormon.

They are doing a lot of construction work by our apartment so it is really dusty and muddy.  One day we were walking down the road to hunt for a referral and I slipped.  Luckily I caught myself before I fell down but I still splashed mud all over my leg and the bottom of my skirt.  The joys of being a sister missionary :)  We still haven't found the family yet.

Brother Patrick introduced us to frozen mangoes.  They are heavenly.  He got us a mango called a 10 pound mango (or ax mango).  It was huge and delicious.  I am happy mango season is here.  Brother Patrick is good at getting them for us (except when he falls out of the tree).

I can't believe I have been out for almost a year.  May 22 will be my year mark.  Time flies on a mission.

We went to the zoo today for pday.  I took a lot of pictures but I will send them next week because the computer isn't working too well.

Miracle of the week:  The Gerards (what else is new).  Brother Gerard was ordained a priest yesterday, Stephanie is now the Young Women's first counselor and Sister Gerard taught Gospel Principles.  They love sharing the gospel and their testimonies are very strong.  They love learning about the temple and are excited to go next year.

Thanks for everything.  Love you all.

Love,

Sister Shirts

No comments:

Post a Comment