Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving

Good Afternoon,

Thanksgiving was great.  We had great food at the mission home and had a lot of fun caroling in the Trini rain.  We got soaked but it was fun.  President Mehr gave a great talk on gratitude.




I am grateful I have the opportunity to serve here in the West Indies.  I have received a lot of blessings from Heavenly Father.  I love being a missionary and serving the people here in Trinidad.  I am grateful for my family and all they have done for me.  I am grateful for my awesome companion Sister Edmonds.  She is an amazing missionary and friend.  I am grateful for my Trini mom and dad:  The Rampersads and my Trini aunt and uncle:  The Clarkes.  Love them a lot.

We had fun helping the Clarke family put up their Christmas tree.  They were able to invite a friend over and we were able to talk to her.  Hopefully we get to teach her soon.


I was with Sister Jex earlier this week and with Sister Schindler for a day.  Sister Edmonds went to Chaguanas and Sangre Grande.  She got to ride a bike this time:).

Funny story:  One day during trade-offs we got a call from the Chaguanas District Leader.  He was worried because Sister Edmonds and Sister Taufu'i didn't answer their phone the night before or that morning.  He asked where their last appointment was and it was in a sketchy area.  We got in the car and went to Chaguanas.  It took us two hours to get there (it usually takes 30 minutes but traffic was bad).  When we got there the sisters were like "what's wrong?"  We told them the problem and it turns out they dropped the phone in a disgusting ditch full of who knows what and they had been trying the rice trick with it.  When they tried to turn it on... it worked.  We went through all the hassle for nothing.  Then it took Sister Edmonds and I another two and a half hours to get back to our appointment in our area.

Miracle of the Week:  Fasting with the same less active I was talking about last week.  We went over and had a short lesson about fasting.  We shared the "Lord I believe, help thou my unbelief" story from the bible.  We invited her to open the fast and when she prayed the Spirit was so strong.  When she opened her eyes she was crying.  She really wants fasting to work and she has the faith.  It is experiences like this that makes me love being a missionary.  There are people ready to change their lives but they don't know how.  The Savior is reaching out his hand and they just need to stretch to grab it.  I know He is there waiting for us to come.  All we have to do is show our desire by acting on our faith and then you can expect miracles.

I can't believe I only have one year left on my mission.  One year from today I will be on my way home back to the states.  It is crazy how fast time flies.  I have already been on my mission six months.  It is strange to think about.

Thanks for everything.  I love you and hope you enjoy the Holiday Season.

Love,

Sister Shirts

No comments:

Post a Comment