Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Last Post From The West Indies

Good Afternoon,

Well... my mission is coming to an end.  We had a fantastic week with a lot of miracles.

Transfer calls:  Sister Worthington is staying in St. Lucia with Sister Aitiria and will be training Sister Walsh as well.  Sister Hodge is going to Barbados and will be training too.  I am so proud of them.  They are great missionaries.

Thanksgiving was great.  They don't celebrate their Thanksgiving in November they did it in October.  We had a random dinner with Kim.  We made lobster, bakes, peanut punch, and pumpkin pie.

I am grateful for the time I spent on my mission.  I have learned so much about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  I love my Savior and I have come to know him more.  I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and the knowledge I have gained.  I love the Book of Mormon and I will study it every day when I get home for the rest of my life.  It is interesting how a mission is made up of amazing experiences and challenging experiences but the ones that stand out the most are the ones when the spirit is felt the most.  The things I remember most are the miracles.  They may seem small to some but to me they are great.

Miracle of the Week:  Valence.  We met him at the beginning of the transfer at the beach on P day.  We have been working with him since then.  He was hesitant about a baptism date at first but he has come to church three times and said he is looking forward to it.  He also wants to go to the temple.

Well I will see you all (or some of you) soon.

Love,

Sister Shirts

No comments:

Post a Comment