Monday, July 22, 2013

Enjoying Trinidad

Good Morning Everyone,

My first few days in Trinidad have been great.  I got up at 2:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning and Sister Herrick made me pancakes.  We went to the airport so I could catch my 6:00 a.m. flight to Trinidad which stopped in Grenada (very beautiful).  I was the only missionary on the plane but I made it through okay.  I worked hard that day and got up at 5:00 a.m. the next morning to take Sister Dayton to the airport because she finished her mission.  Basically I was sleep deprived for a few days.

I love Sister Gossard.  She is fun and hard working.  We are getting along well and we are working hard.

I had Doubles on Thursday and they are the best I have had so far.  I know I will miss them when I leave.  It has rained almost every day since I have been here.  Usually it is cloudy so it keeps cool.  Trinidad is beautiful in a different way than Barbados.  In Barbados my area was in the country but here I am in the city.  There are mountains that are pretty which is nice because Barbados is flat.

Church is located on the second floor of a shop.  It looks like the inside of a normal church.  It has a small chapel and a few classrooms.

I can't believe I am living in another country.  The West Indies Mission is cool.  I can now say I have lived in Barbados and Trinidad.

Success story:  Tracting.  Tracting in Trinidad is way more fun than tracting in Barbados.  The people here will actually talk to you.  We don't knock on doors.  We call into houses by yelling "Good Afternoon" or "Good Day inside".  Forget knocking on doors in the West Indies.  It is all about calling in.

Personal revelation is amazing.  It has helped me here on my mission as I have studied.  I have learned a lot.

Thanks for all the support.

Love,

Sister Shirts

Last P day in Barbados

A view of Barbados

Trinidad apartment

Trinidad apartment
Cool sand crab

The outside of the jungle church

Always looking for strange and interesting creatures

Mosquito bites are dangerous to get.  Many diseases are carried by the mosquitoes there.  Sister Shirts isn't using enough repellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment