Monday, March 24, 2014

Transfer Week: Staying Put In Chaguanas

Good Afternoon,

P day at the beach was wonderful.  I took a nap and wrote letters.  It was nice and relaxing.


Can't have a beach picture without doing the nametags



Sister Shirts and her sisters got matching CTR rings before she left.  She  still wears hers everyday.


Transfer week:  Great news!  I am staying in Chaguanas.  I will be with Sister Hendricks who has been serving in Barbados.  I will be Senior companion and I get to lead the area.  I am excited.  Sister Taufu'i is headed out to San Fernando and Sister Rampersad is going to her mission in Jamaica.  I am going to miss them a lot.  They will do great things.

A lot of good things happened this week.  We had a great FHE with the Gopaul family about missionary work.  They want to invite their family to hear the gospel once again.  We played the skittles game after that and I tied for the win.  We ran out of skittles:)

I got to go to Curepe for exchanges this week.  I worked with Sister Giles.  She is a wonderful missionary and they are doing great work there.  It was fun to be back in my old area and see how much it has progressed.  We went to the church to teach a lesson and we stopped by the restroom.  There was a frog in the toilet and Sister Rampersad panicked.  She doesn't like frogs.



The highlight of the week was Saturday night.  They had something called Celebration 2015.  From now until 2015 they are going to have talent shows put on by the church members and that will lead up to a big one in 2015.  It is celebrating the church being in the West Indies for 25 years.  Each island does their own and sends the best talents to the finale.  It will be exciting.  It was cool to see how talented the members are here in Trinidad.






Miracle of the Week:  We started working with a less active named Brother Mohammed.  He is just recognizing he needs to change his life and he wants to serve a mission.  We got him a Preach My Gospel and we are helping him prepare.  The Spirit is very strong in his lessons.  The youth here are really stepping up.  The work is progressing.

Thanks for everything.  Love you all.

Sister Shirts


This is for the men (it means a hole in the ground)

This is for the women

No comments:

Post a Comment