Monday, October 28, 2013

Service Works Miracles

Good morning,

We had a great week.  I went to Grande, Trinidad on Friday and rode a bike.  It was a lot more fun than I thought.  I want to be in a biking area sometime on my mission.  You just have to watch out for the crazy Trini drivers who don't look where they are going.  I was with Sister Taylor.  I learned how to make coconut bread and we had a fun time at ward family fun night.  I got to meet Samantha, the 16 year old temp who was with Sister Edmonds while I was sick.

I met a lady that has a pet monkey.  I didn't get a picture because we were just walking past.

Funny story time:  We went over to a member's house for a birthday dinner.  After the mom dished our plates I turned to Sister Edmonds and said "do you know what that looks like?"  She looked at me funny and I said "a pig nose".  She turned around and asked what kind of meat it was.  It was pig snout.  The dish is called pepper pot and not only did it include pig snout, it had cow heel and cow stomach as well.  The cow stomach was fuzzy looking and the cow heel was strange as well.  It all tasted fine.  It was just rubbery.  The pig snout tasted like ham and the cow parts tasted like beef.  Sister Edmonds couldn't eat it and was trying not to throw up watching me eat it.  I love trying new foods.  I also had aloo pies, papaya, pamsitae (a kind of fruit thing), and hot dogs covered in coleslaw for breakfast (hot dog=sausage in Trinidad).  I tried a lot of new foods.

Miracle story for the week:  We have been doing random service for an older lady for a few weeks now.  We just stop by when we are in the area and ask if she needs any help.  She hasn't let us share a message yet but we have been trying to soften her heart with service.  On Wednesday we went over and helped her clean all her windows (it took over an hour).  When we were on our way out she asked if she could see the bible I had in my hand.  We explained that it was the book of Mormon and she wants us to come back this week and explain what it is.  Service works miracles.

I love this work and I love the people of Trinidad.  I am excited to continue working hard and to meet new people.

Love,

Sister Shirts

Behind the apartment

Cleaning (at least they have fun doing it)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jasmine, I loved your service miracle story. I'm so proud you. Love Jill

    ReplyDelete